Tuesday, December 29, 2009

On Your Knees!

My body needs discipline.  1) Get your mind out of the gutter  2) yours probably does too!

I have decided this is why I have not dropped out of Bikram just yet; although I did only buy a 5 time pass.    The heat of the room is contributing to my persistence.  It feels much easier to stretch into the poses when my muscles feel all elastic-y already.

I also realized that if there is a "trick" it's that yoga only LOOKS easy, just like ballet.  It is a lot of hard work.  I dig having to focus in my body for 90 minutes.  I find it very peaceful.  You can't stand on one foot if you're mind is anywhere else.  Thankfully I was so focused I only noticed bikini-man waving his root chakra around again this morning for maybe 1 seconds.  Blecgh.

Lastly, I am understanding the physics involved.  Totally cool to make an adjustment and get the pose!  Love it.  Man, the human body is cool.  That's why I originally went back to school to study A&P.  Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment