Monday, November 30, 2009

Brotherly Love

Man o man!  I can't wait until that "Brothers" movie comes out with Natalie Portman, Tobey Maguire and Jake Gyllenhaal this *Fridaay*.  The picture for the ad hooked me; beautiful and simple!  Check it:
http://www.brothersfilm.com/#/?cc=&page=home
The question at the center of the film is painful though; what would you do, how would you act, how would you support your family if you believed the love of your life was dead?  The tagline is "there are 2 sides to every family".
It.turns.my.stomach.in.knots.
The drama.  The pain.  The loyalty.  The obligations!  The love.  Uuugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THE. LOVE!!!!!  Then would you, could you fall in love/pick up shop/roll in the hay with an in-law?!  Wowzers.
On a lighter note, these actors look so young!  Are they really old enough to be married people with babies and fighting in wars?  Isn't Natalie Portman Queen Amidala still and isn't Tobey Maguire Spider Man and Jake Gyllenhaal Jack Twist-it-up-yer-*ss in Brokeback Mountain?  Where have I been for 4 years???
Side Note: I really loved Natalie in "Garden State"; that movie made me cry like a baby.  "Brothers" looks as painful.
Hmph.  Time to drink some wine.

2 comments:

  1. I agree -- the preview for Brothers looked gripping! I'll probably start crying like 5 min. into the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see it?! I still haven't and didn't hear much about it either...

    ReplyDelete